Who We Are:
The Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska is a non-profit whose mission is to create a better future for all Nebraskans through brain injury prevention, education, advocacy, and support. Through our resource facilitation program, the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska helps individuals with brain injuries rebuild their lives, restore purposeful living, and rebuild hope and optimism. Serving the brain injury population means working to secure and develop community-based services, providing support groups and access to pertinent information and medical resources and service referrals. It also means educating professionals who work with children and adults with brain injury.
Our vision is that:
● Individuals with brain injury have the necessary resources to pursue their recovery.
● Individuals with brain injury and their families have a statewide unified voice.
● Providers collaborate with statewide peer support for individuals with brain injury.
● Individuals with brain injury have support from a variety of state agencies.
● There is the elimination of stigma related to brain injury.
Our History In 2009, the Brain Injury Group of Nebraska (BIG-N) became a 501(c)3 nonprofit incorporated with the State of Nebraska. In 2010, it affiliated with the Brain Injury Association of America and became the Brain Injury Association of Nebraska. In 2016, the organization became the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska an affiliate of the United States Brain Injury Alliance.
Where to Learn More About Us To learn more about the Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska, visit: biane.org.
Join Our Newsletter!