This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Youth Development Assistant’s primary responsibility is to supervise children attending the YMCA of McCook Summer Adventure Camp, After-school program, or Child Watch program. Staff members will provide to leadership to program participants by modeling appropriate and positive behaviors.
1. Supervise and monitor the safety of children.
2. Provide leadership through positive reinforcement and/or redirection.
3. Administer and lead youth enrichment activities.
4. Ensure a clean and safe environment is provided for all program participants.
5. Assists with lessons and activity planning.
6. Encourage interaction and involvement among program participants.
7. Other duties as deemed necessary by the Youth Development Director.
• 18 years old or older (candidates under the age of 18 will be considered for mentor roles).
• Integrity and ability to work independently with attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated leadership and dependability.
• Flexibility in work hours.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Operation of 12 person passenger van for transportation purposes.
• Background checks will be performed.
• CPR and First Aid preferred.
• Prior experience working with children preferred.
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to: YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Deadline for submission: May 1, 2021
Join Our Newsletter!