Maintain a safe swimming environment in the pool, on the deck and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Lifeguards need to maintain constant surveillance of the pool area, using proper scanning technique.
Lifeguards are prepared to be first responder to all medical emergencies in the building in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
Continually checks the pool for hazardous conditions.
Lifeguards are to maintain a safe and clean aquatic deck area, including but not limited to picking up equipment after open swim use, picking up trash, cleaning the deck and other areas like, hallway and locker rooms at appropriate times.
• 15 years old or older
• Integrity and ability to work independently with attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated leadership, dependability and flexibility in work hours.
• Afternoons, Evenings and/or weekends shifts.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Background checks will be performed.
• Lifeguard Certified. Lifeguard certification courses are offered at various times throughout the year. Thanks to the McCook Community Foundation Fund, lifeguard certification is now 100% funded for those who plan to work for the McCook YMCA and/or the City of McCook! For more information and to register for a lifeguard certification course go to mccookymca.org/lifeguard-training.
• Professional CPR/AED and First Aid
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
4. Deadline for submission: Open until filled.
Join Our Newsletter!