Maintain a safe swimming environment in the pool, on the deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintain constant surveillance of the pool area, using proper scanning technique.
2. Prepared to be first responder to all medical emergencies in the building in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
3. Recognizes, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
4. Keeps accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Continually inspects the pool for hazardous conditions.
7. Lifeguards will maintain a safe and sanitary environment by cleaning and organizing the aquatic center and locker rooms.
• 16 years old or older
• Integrity and ability to work independently with attention to detail required
• Demonstrated leadership, dependability and flexibility in work hours
• Afternoons, Evenings and/or weekends shifts
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Background checks will be performed
• CPR and First Aid Preferred
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to: YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Join Our Newsletter!