Works directly with the fitness and member services teams to engage and retain members by helping Y members achieve their health and wellness goals in a group exercise setting through creative and professionally designed classes appropriate to the fitness level of participants in the class
• Improves the health and well-being of the community the YMCA serves.
• Works to ensure member safety and enjoyment.
• Engages and encourages member interaction and connections.
• Organizes and provides fun, engaging, and effective group exercise classes tailored to participant ability level/physical limitations, and focused on helping participants achieve their health and wellness goals.
• Keeps abreast of changes and trends in the fitness industry through continuing education.
• Ensures the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
• Identifies facility, equipment malfunctions, or other problems and troubleshoot as capable. Promptly inform the Senior Director of all facility, equipment, or other issues.
• Attends departmental meetings and training as scheduled.
• Serves as a role model for a healthy lifestyle and superior customer service.
• Represents the YMCA positively and maintains a good and friendly relationship with the YMCA members and staff, addressing each by name.
• Experience designing and implementing group exercise programs
• Preferred nationally recognized certification in Group Exercise, CPR and AED.
• Ability to establish relationships with staff and members within the community of the YMCA
• Completion of all new employee trainings within the established timeline
• Midmorning, Afternoons, Evenings, and/or weekends shifts
BENEFITS TO POSITION:
• Employee Program & Child Care Discounts
• Free YMCA Membership
• Financial Assistance on CEU’s (based on approval)
• Paid CPR/AED training
• YMCA Leadership Development Program
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to: YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Join Our Newsletter!