POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Desk Attendants will provide excellent service to all members, guest, and program participants. The primary responsibility is to provide top notch customer service.
1. Performs member/guest service functions including but not limited to allowing access to the facility, membership/program sales and data entry, building relationships with members, helping members connect with one another and to the YMCA, and conveying enthusiastic and accurate information about programs.
2. Educates members and prospective members on services, programs, events, and volunteer opportunities.
3. Performs general housekeeping tasks.
4. Relates to the public in a positive manner, addressing member concerns and interacting with participants as well as informing supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
5. Maintains regular and predictable attendance, secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Supervisor of schedule substitution prior to the change.
6. Preform other duties as assigned.
• 16 years old or older
• Integrity and ability to work independently with attention to detail required
• Demonstrated leadership, dependability, and flexibility in work hours
• Early Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings and/or weekends shifts
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Background checks will be performed
• CPR and First Aid Preferred
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to: YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Job Function : Customer Service
Join Our Newsletter!