The YMCA of McCook is looking for a Part-time Custodian to assist in the routine care
of our building. General duties include cleaning and light maintenance. This position
will contribute to the overall member experience by providing a clean and sanitary
environment. The Part-time Janitor will work approximately 20-25 hours per week.
1. Clean designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping,
disinfecting, restroom cleaning, trash disposal etc.)
2. Re-stock supplies as needed (paper towels, toilet paper, trash can liners, etc.)
3. Conduct light routine maintenance activities
4. Perform grounds-keeping activities as needed (snow removal, weeding,
5. Carry out deep cleansing tasks and special projects as needed
6. Notify management of occurring deficiencies or supply needs
7. Follow all health and safety regulations
8. Assist in identifying professionals for various contracted tasks
• Prior experience as a Janitor, Custodian, or Cleaning Technician
• Ability to operate mechanical floor scrubber, mechanical lift, and other
maintenance related machinery
• Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
• Familiarity with cleaning protocols
• Integrity and ability to work independently
• High school degree
• Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends shifts if needed
• Background checks will be performed
1. Applications can be picked up at the YMCA of McCook Service Desk or printed
online at mccookymca.org.
2. Submit Completed Applications in person at the Service Desk or mail to:
YMCA of McCook, PO Box 408, McCook, NE 69001
3. Deadline for submission: Open until filled
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : ""
Job Description Attachment : YMCA of McCook Custodian Job Announcement April 2022.pdf
Join Our Newsletter!